Date(s) - 08/12/2017
13:30 - 14:00
St Mary's Cathedral
An exciting series of lunch time concerts are to be held in St Mary’s Cathedral, Aberdeen.
The organisers state “the idea behind this is to draw attention to Advent, which tends to get lost in the pre-Christmas preoccupation with Christmas shopping, office parties, Christmas carols etc. It takes the form of a short (20 to 30 minutes) programme of mainly Advent-themed organ music, at 13:30 on each of the three Fridays in Advent, followed by sandwiches, tea, coffee. Admittance is free, though donations are welcomed for the sandwich lunch. Bishop Hugh has added: “Advent has its own atmosphere and character, symbols, words and music. It’s a season with its own content, beauty and grace.”
The three organists are:
- 8th December: James Campbell
- A first-year Divinity student at Aberdeen University, who recently played for ordinations at the Scots College in Rome.
- 15th December: Ronald Leith
- St Mary’s Cathedral, Aberdeen Organist
- 22nd December: Allan Bicket
- Former head of Classics at Robert Gordon’s College, is now the President of the Aberdeen and District Organists’ Association.