The Themes of the homilies are as follows:
- 6th Sunday of OT – Healing of the Leper – God’s Love
- 1st Sunday of Lent – Temptation in the Desert – The Dark Side: Sin
- 2nd Sunday of Lent – Transfiguration – Cross & Resurrection (Eternal Life Revealed)
- 3rd Sunday of Lent – Cleansing of the Temple – Response in the Spirit (Conversion and Faith)
- 4th Sunday of Lent – Lifting up of the Son of Man – Part of a People (Life in the Church)
St Mary’s Cathedral in Aberdeen are organising “Fire & Light” Groups to meet and discuss the homilies.
There is a greater need now for us to gather online, especially as we cannot do so in person. We need to be able to able to meet and support one another, both on a human level and for the sake of our faith.
Fire & Light groups (3 – 7 people) meet once a week for 5 weeks for 1 to 1 ½ hrs to share thoughts on a series of Sunday homilies given by Bishop Hugh on the central message of Christianity, the Kerygma, ending with a time of prayer.
Kindle one another’s faith. Be light in this darkness!
Anyone is free to join in with these groups and details/sign up are available at stmaryscathedralaberdeen.org/groups1